Posts Filed In: General News
The following event is FREE for NIDIA members, simply enter the promo code “NIDIA” when getting your tickets!
Growing Your Business IN Defense
Entering and Enhancing DoD Contracting
The Northeast Indiana Defense Industry Association, in collaboration with Indiana’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center, invites Northeast Indiana business leaders to join “Growing Your Business IN Defense” at 5 p.m. on Aug. 12, at Parkview Field, 1301 Ewing St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802.
During this event, business leaders will hear from a panel of leading industry experts regarding details on government contracting for Northeast Indiana businesses, followed by networking, dinner and a TinCaps baseball game.
The expert panel will include:
- Matt Burkett – Deputy for Small Business Programs at Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane
- Brooke Pyne – Director for The Strategic & Spectrum Missions Advanced Resilient Trusted Systems (S2MARTS) OTA contracting vehicle
- Mike Dodd – University Program Director at Indiana University for the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN)
- Bob Warner – Procurement Specialist at Indiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
With additional information from:
- Gene Jones – Senior Services Manager of Cybersecurity and Defense at Purdue Manufacturing Extension Project (MEP)
- 5-6:30 p.m. – Expert Panel Discussion
- 6:30 – Networking and dinner
- 7:05 – First pitch
Tickets are FREE for NIDIA members (enter promo code “NIDIA” at checkout) or $25 per ticket for non NIDIA members and includes the panel discussion, dinner buffet and TinCaps baseball game.
If you work in the defense space, are considering expanding into that space or are simply interested in learning more about this incredibly important area of our regional economy, please join NIDIA and PTAC for this defense industry event.
NIDIA Members –
NIDIA will be staffing a booth at the 31 August “Buy Indiana Expo” in French Lick. This is a great opportunity to market your company to buyers from the US Government. We would like each interested NIDIA member company to provide a soft copy of marketing materials (1-2 pages) that we can make available at this event. Gil Perry will be our man in the booth. NIDIA will pay to have your marketing material printed and in the booth to give away to Government buyers.
If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, please email your marketing info no later than 13 August to Rick Howard, at Richard.email@example.com. Or, if you want to provide hard copies, please contact Rick at the email provided or at 260-740-6019 to arrange pickup/dropoff.
NIDIA is sponsoring an event this Thursday, July 1st at 6:15 at Three Rivers Distillery in Fort Wayne. It is focused on those new to the defense industry (and maybe new to the area) to connect across our member companies. Please pass on to your fellow employees that are new employees / interns in your company.
Looking for a way to meet other defense employees from Northeast Indiana? Join us this Thursday for free drinks & food @ 3 Rivers Distillery
No pre-registration – just show up and meet your peers!
From: Nick Darrah, NIDIA Board member:
In addition to the NIDIA board, I also serve on the board of the Northeast Indiana Base Community Council (NIBCC). If you recall we partnered with them for the Gen. Bunch event back in October of last year. NIBCC’s largest fundraiser for the year is the Race for the Warrior 5k/10k which is run on the runway at FWA. The race is July 24th and we still need more runners, volunteers, and sponsors.
A few key points:
- 100% of the proceeds go to the Military Support Fund, which provides micro-grants up to $650 to service members who either serve in our local reserve/guard units or who are from here and serve elsewhere. These grants are often used to keep lights on, prevent eviction, emergency medical expenses, emergency car repairs, etc. You would be shocked and disappointed at how often our local service members need this kind of emergency financial support.
- The race gets a lot of press and there have been a growing number of participants over the last 7 years of it’s existence.
- in 2018 there were 423 runners, in 2019 there were 749. 2020 saw a decline due to covid, and had to be postponed multiple times, but still had about 300 runners. We expect a big turn out this year.
- It’s been regularly featured in local news and Congressman Banks has run in it for the last few years.
- You get free beer, a meal and a t-shirt after the race!
It’s a great marketing opportunity for you companies, good team building opportunity to either run or volunteer, encourages positive health practices etc, as well as a great cause to support the warfighter. I encourage you to take this info to your companies for sponsorship consideration and spread the word to your teams.
You can reach out to me for info or directly to the R4TW chairs Jim Garigen – firstname.lastname@example.org and Eric Flores – email@example.com. I have attached the sponsorship breakdown to this email.
Director of Stakeholder Development
Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
Important Update: While the event is Open and Free to all, Free Booth space is ONLY AVAILABLE for NDIA, AFCIA, IEDC and PTAC organizations.
Indiana defense companies & Contractors
What the event is offering:
- Network and discover how your company can find more business from the DoD/Federal Space!
- Bourbon Tasting & Bottle Signing by members of the Horse Soldiers! Hear war stories from the CIA and Special Forces who have served our country!
- Learn about NIST/CMMC requirements and Indiana grant opportunities!
- Find out how you can leverage a very limited opportunity to garner state grant money towards your cyber security for your company, following CMMC /NIST 800-171self-assessment. We don’t want our HEROES to miss out on this opportunity!
What’s in it for you:
Free booth space to discuss your organizations efforts in the Defense space. A chance to network and to enjoy the event Bourbon Tasting & Bottle Signing by members of the Horse Soldiers.
There is no cost to attend as a vendor/booth or as an attendee. So please spread the word and invite others who may benefit!
June 14th – Flag Day, the US Army’s Birthday.
from 4-7 pm; Come early for Networking, Appetizers & Bourbon Tasting!
Ritz Charles; 12156 N Meridian St, Carmel, IN 46032
To attend the event please RSVP here:
Lionfish Cyber Security Mission: We provide affordable cyber readiness solutions for all businesses through our scalable cyber guardian channels that are tied to appropriate guidance, best practices, and related technologies that empower companies to evolve with the cyber threat landscape. Leave no business behind. De Oppresso Liber!