Posts Filed In: General News
To show our commitment to the manufacturing industry during this difficult time, Purdue MEP has developed an in-depth Returning to Work & Recovery Guide to assist the Indiana manufacturing industry. It is our hope this resource provides extended support as we all maintain, resume or restart operations. In conjunction with the Indiana Manufacturers Association, the plan will be rolled out this Thursday, May 21st.
Return to Work and Recovery Guide Launch Webinar:
Date: Thursday, May 21st
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (EST)
Register: Click here
Information found in this guide is based on COVID-19 Best Practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Indiana State Department of Health, and other Governmental Regulations & Guidelines.
This Returning to Work & Recovery Guide includes detailed guidance in the following areas:
– This section includes data regarding how long COVID-19 lives on various surfaces, and outlines procedures on how to clean work areas upon returning to work or if an employee tests positive for COVID-19.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– The PPE paragraphs offer guidance on the type of PPE recommended for employees based on the specific duties they are assigned at your facility.
– The recipe for bleach and water as a disinfectant is covered in this section. Additionally, there is a decontamination frequency chart and list of company and employee decontamination responsibilities.
– The Self-Distancing/Social Distancing section describes the procedures to maintain at least 6 feet of separation at work, and additional precautions to follow when employees’ duties require working within 6 feet of one other.
Monitor & Detection
– COVID-19 has a long incubation period, so it is important for employees to be aware of/ knowledgeable of the common symptoms. This will enable them to self-isolate when appropriate. Additionally, the employer and co-workers can monitor for observable symptoms for the protection of all employees.
Procedures for ‘Suspected’ Infection
– If someone tests positive at work, this section reviews isolation activities, PPE applications and the sanitization of the impacted work space.
– Signage can be used to convey important information regarding hygiene techniques (e.g. proper hand washing) and workspace cleaning.
Return-To-Work (RTW) Contingency Planning and Checklist
– A convenient checklist is provided that summarizes the recommendations in this guide.
All webinar participants will receive the full guide upon completion of the event. If you cannot participate in the webinar, please email email@example.com to request a copy of the guide. Feel free to contact us with any other questions, or if your organization needs assistance.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Register – Returning to Work & Recovery Guide Launch WebEx
- Request our Returning to Work & Recovery Guide
- Purdue MEP COVID-19 Resource Page
- IMA COVID-19 Resource Page
- FREE Manufacturing Consultation
- COVID-19 Manufacturing Community Discussion Board
- Critical PPE Manufacturing Portal
- Indiana Potential Medical Component Suppliers
- PPE Request Form
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) is asking for businesses to provide input to a survey, at the link below, concerning the impact of COVID-19. While the URL states “small biz,” they are seeking responses from businesses of all sizes. Each business only needs to submit one response. The IEDC will keep the survey open until Tuesday
When stay-at-home orders are lifted, you’ll need to be ready to keep your customers and employees safe from COVID-19. Now is the time to start mapping out what a healthy reopening will look like at your business:
- How might you implement distancing measures?
- Would employees or customers need to wear face masks?
- Are there cleaning procedures that could help prevent the spread of the virus?
Join Greater Fort Wayne Inc. for “Roadmap to a Healthy Reopening”, a series of FREE webinars that will help you think through the procedures and protocols to consider implementing. Presented by Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership and led by doctors from Parkview Health and the Allen County Department of Health, each session is tailored to be industry-specific:
- Manufacturing/Warehousing: Thursday, April 30 at 9 a.m. (REGISTER)
- Restaurants/Hospitality: Thursday, April 30 at 11 a.m. (REGISTER)
- Retail: Thursday, April 30 at 1 p.m. (REGISTER)
- Other/Small Business: Thursday, April 30 at 3 p.m. (REGISTER)
- Professional Services/Office: Friday, May 1 at 9 a.m. (REGISTER)
- Personal Services/Real Estate: Friday, May 1 at 11 a.m. (REGISTER)
- Religious Organizations: Friday, May 1 at 1 p.m. (REGISTER)
- Schools/Education: Monday, May 4 at 1:00 p.m. (REGISTER)
The State of Indiana is seeking companies to provide Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). The kinds of equipment and associated specifications are provided in the file linked below. Luke Bosso is the first point of contact for the State of Indiana’s procurement of goods such as gowns, masks, and shields.
If your company is able to provide this type of equipment, please contact Luke directly – his contact information is below:
SVP, Chief of Staff
Indiana Economic Development Corporation
1 North Capitol Avenue, Suite 700
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Here are some informational documents prepared by the office of Senator Mike Braun: