From: Nick Darrah, NIDIA Board member:
In addition to the NIDIA board, I also serve on the board of the Northeast Indiana Base Community Council (NIBCC). If you recall we partnered with them for the Gen. Bunch event back in October of last year. NIBCC’s largest fundraiser for the year is the Race for the Warrior 5k/10k which is run on the runway at FWA. The race is July 24th and we still need more runners, volunteers, and sponsors.
A few key points:
- 100% of the proceeds go to the Military Support Fund, which provides micro-grants up to $650 to service members who either serve in our local reserve/guard units or who are from here and serve elsewhere. These grants are often used to keep lights on, prevent eviction, emergency medical expenses, emergency car repairs, etc. You would be shocked and disappointed at how often our local service members need this kind of emergency financial support.
- The race gets a lot of press and there have been a growing number of participants over the last 7 years of it’s existence.
- in 2018 there were 423 runners, in 2019 there were 749. 2020 saw a decline due to covid, and had to be postponed multiple times, but still had about 300 runners. We expect a big turn out this year.
- It’s been regularly featured in local news and Congressman Banks has run in it for the last few years.
- You get free beer, a meal and a t-shirt after the race!
It’s a great marketing opportunity for you companies, good team building opportunity to either run or volunteer, encourages positive health practices etc, as well as a great cause to support the warfighter. I encourage you to take this info to your companies for sponsorship consideration and spread the word to your teams.
You can reach out to me for info or directly to the R4TW chairs Jim Garigen – firstname.lastname@example.org and Eric Flores – email@example.com. I have attached the sponsorship breakdown to this email.
Director of Stakeholder Development
Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership