To show our commitment to the manufacturing industry during this difficult time, Purdue MEP has developed an in-depth Returning to Work & Recovery Guide to assist the Indiana manufacturing industry. It is our hope this resource provides extended support as we all maintain, resume or restart operations. In conjunction with the Indiana Manufacturers Association, the plan will be rolled out this Thursday, May 21st.
Return to Work and Recovery Guide Launch Webinar:
Date: Thursday, May 21st
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (EST)
Register: Click here
Information found in this guide is based on COVID-19 Best Practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Indiana State Department of Health, and other Governmental Regulations & Guidelines.
This Returning to Work & Recovery Guide includes detailed guidance in the following areas:
– This section includes data regarding how long COVID-19 lives on various surfaces, and outlines procedures on how to clean work areas upon returning to work or if an employee tests positive for COVID-19.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– The PPE paragraphs offer guidance on the type of PPE recommended for employees based on the specific duties they are assigned at your facility.
– The recipe for bleach and water as a disinfectant is covered in this section. Additionally, there is a decontamination frequency chart and list of company and employee decontamination responsibilities.
– The Self-Distancing/Social Distancing section describes the procedures to maintain at least 6 feet of separation at work, and additional precautions to follow when employees’ duties require working within 6 feet of one other.
Monitor & Detection
– COVID-19 has a long incubation period, so it is important for employees to be aware of/ knowledgeable of the common symptoms. This will enable them to self-isolate when appropriate. Additionally, the employer and co-workers can monitor for observable symptoms for the protection of all employees.
Procedures for ‘Suspected’ Infection
– If someone tests positive at work, this section reviews isolation activities, PPE applications and the sanitization of the impacted work space.
– Signage can be used to convey important information regarding hygiene techniques (e.g. proper hand washing) and workspace cleaning.
Return-To-Work (RTW) Contingency Planning and Checklist
– A convenient checklist is provided that summarizes the recommendations in this guide.
All webinar participants will receive the full guide upon completion of the event. If you cannot participate in the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the guide. Feel free to contact us with any other questions, or if your organization needs assistance.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
- Register – Returning to Work & Recovery Guide Launch WebEx
- Request our Returning to Work & Recovery Guide
- Purdue MEP COVID-19 Resource Page
- IMA COVID-19 Resource Page
- FREE Manufacturing Consultation
- COVID-19 Manufacturing Community Discussion Board
- Critical PPE Manufacturing Portal
- Indiana Potential Medical Component Suppliers
- PPE Request Form