Indiana is combining its forces to grow the state’s defense industry and military assets, creating a collaborative approach to market the sector and bring new business to the state. Governor Eric Holcomb announced Monday a realignment of the Indiana Office of Defense Development, which will now fall under the jurisdiction of the Indiana Economic Development Corp.
“With a strong military presence and network of defense assets, combined with the tactical advantage of our state’s pro-growth business climate, Indiana is perfectly positioned to be at the center of global advancements and growth in defense” said Holcomb.
The governor also announced the appointment of Major General Omer Tooley to lead the defense development team. Tooley will be responsible for growing Indiana’s defense industry by promoting the state’s defense assets and attracting new defense-related businesses to Indiana.
NIDIA Chairman Rick Howard was recently interviewed by the Journal Gazette magazine regarding the State of Indiana’s attractiveness to the Aerospace and Defense industry. Read the article online here: http://www.journalgazette.net/business/20190811/for-aerospace-state-is-6th
Please plan to attend the Northeast Indiana Defense Industry Association All-Member Meeting
Date: August 20, 2019
Location: Marriott Courtyard, downtown Ft Wayne (1150 S. Harrison Street)
Reception afterwards at the Hampton Inn Rooftop, overlooking Parkview Field
- 4pm– All-Member Meeting
- 6pm – Reception, Networking, Meet-n-Greet, Hampton Inn Rooftop patio
- 7pm – Stay and watch the Ft Wayne TinCaps from the Hampton Rooftop patio!
- NIDIA Overview – presented by Rick Howard, NIDIA chaiir
- Conexus Overview – presented by Mark Howell, CEO & President of CONEXUS
- Cyber Update – presented by Gene Jones, Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership Overview – presented by Nick Darrah, NEIRP
Please register for this event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nidia-summer-membership-meeting-social-mixer-tickets-65045839858
The IN3 Lunch and Learn event scheduled for June 5, 2019, has been cancelled and will be rescheduled for a future date. Any fees paid to attend the June 5th Lunch & Learn event will be reimbursed.
Join IN3 as they host their March INCATT Member Showcase event at Indiana University (IU) in Bloomington, Ind. on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
The featured topic this month is trusted systems. Three of their INCATT member companies working in this area are Galois, Tangram Flex and Raytheon. You will also hear from several IU faculty doing work in the trusted systems area. A featured speaker from Tangram Flex is Doug Ebersole, Director of Application Engineering and the retired Executive Director of Air Force Research Labs.
- GALOIS, Tangram Flex’s parent company, is a research and development lab that collaborates with commercial, defense, and intelligence organizations to tackle some of the world’s most difficult challenges in computer science. Galois works on the reliability, safety and security of critical systems, and transitions cutting-edge, government-funded research into applied solutions that serve defense and commercial organizations.
- TANGRAM FLEX is revolutionizing systems engineering for our rapidly evolving world. Spun out of its parent company Galois, Tangram Flex modernizes systems engineering with flexible and precise integration of components for re-use across cyber-physical systems. Their computer science R&D focuses on creating smart tooling to cyber-retrofit and build mission-flexible systems for the U.S. Department of Defense and industry leading defense companies and others.
- RAYTHEON delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. As one of the top cyber companies in the world, Raytheon’s cybersecurity innovations provide scalable, flexible solutions that deliver protection for markets and industries across the globe.