The IN3 Lunch and Learn event scheduled for today, May 15, 2019, has been moved to June 5, 2019. I apologize if we didn’t get the word out to the entire membership.
The Northeast Indiana Defense Industry Association (NIDIA) is partnering with the Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) to present a quarterly Lunch & Learn series in 2019!
Our second session will again feature IN3 Director of Business Development Mike Dodd, who will describe current opportunities to participate in IN3’s consortium, the INdiana Consortium for Advanced Technology Transition (INCATT). Purpose-built teams are now forming to tackle difficult technical challenges confronting the US Department of Defense and industry involving microelectronics, hypersonics, electronic warfare and other advanced technologies.
This event is Free to NIDIA members. $15 per person for non-members. RSVP by Noon on June 3rd.
Wed, June 5, 2019
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST
1010 Production Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Future Lunch & Learn sessions will take place on August 21st, and November 20th.
Join IN3 as they host their March INCATT Member Showcase event at Indiana University (IU) in Bloomington, Ind. on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
The featured topic this month is trusted systems. Three of their INCATT member companies working in this area are Galois, Tangram Flex and Raytheon. You will also hear from several IU faculty doing work in the trusted systems area. A featured speaker from Tangram Flex is Doug Ebersole, Director of Application Engineering and the retired Executive Director of Air Force Research Labs.
- GALOIS, Tangram Flex’s parent company, is a research and development lab that collaborates with commercial, defense, and intelligence organizations to tackle some of the world’s most difficult challenges in computer science. Galois works on the reliability, safety and security of critical systems, and transitions cutting-edge, government-funded research into applied solutions that serve defense and commercial organizations.
- TANGRAM FLEX is revolutionizing systems engineering for our rapidly evolving world. Spun out of its parent company Galois, Tangram Flex modernizes systems engineering with flexible and precise integration of components for re-use across cyber-physical systems. Their computer science R&D focuses on creating smart tooling to cyber-retrofit and build mission-flexible systems for the U.S. Department of Defense and industry leading defense companies and others.
- RAYTHEON delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. As one of the top cyber companies in the world, Raytheon’s cybersecurity innovations provide scalable, flexible solutions that deliver protection for markets and industries across the globe.
Join us for our Think Spring! NIDIA membership meeting at 3:00PM on Thursday, April 11th. Thank you to Raytheon for once again hosting our meeting.
Following is the draft meeting agenda:
- Purdue Fort Wayne / Transition Update and Industry Engagement – Sean Ryan & Kim Wagner
- Using Other Transactions Authorities (OTA) for Defense Business – Aaron Springer
- Congressional Delegation Panel – Sen. Braun & Rep. Banks staffers
- Iraq Warfighter Experience – Torrey Cady, Raytheon Site Executive
- Raffle tickets to the Fort Wayne Airshow
Our membership meeting will be followed by another NIDIA social “mixer” at Parkview SportOne Field House (Golf House on 2nd floor) (3846 Ice Way, Fort Wayne) from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
You’re invited to the 2019 Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit.
Congressman Jim Banks Appropriations Request Form for FY2020
Submittals due no later than 20 March 2019 (for the Defense Subcommittee)
Click Here for additional details and to download the request form.