Exelis has been awarded a direct commercial contract worth $28 million to provide an existing international customer with additional communications equipment, spare parts and ancillary devices. Communications equipment acquired under the contract includes the RT-1702 SINCGARS, or Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio Systems, along with installation kits and spares to support the system. Exelis has sold more than 600,000 SINCGARS radios with supporting ancillary devices worldwide. The production of the radios for this international contract will take place at the Exelis Fort Wayne, Indiana facility. Exelis is a global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with over 50 years of service. The company’s objective is to provide “affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers.” The company is a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, and air traffic management solutions. Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Exelis employs over 10,000 people and achieved nearly $5 billion in sales in 2013. It has branches in Boulder, CO, Clifton, NJ, Herndon, VA, Los Angeles, CA and Suffolk, VA in addition to its plant in Fort Wayne. Source – 21 Alive: http://www.21alive.com/news/local/Exelis-Awarded-28-Million-For-Direct-Commercial-Contract-287135071.html
- Join us TODAY for Building and Joining Partnerships to Win Government Contracts at Parkview Field August 29, 2023
- Next Week: Building and Joining Partnerships to Win Government Contracts & Baseball game July 10, 2023
- Invitation NIDIA Pop-Up Networking Mix & Mingle Fun May 12, 2023
- BUY Indiana Event Photos April 11, 2023
- NIBCC Luncheon Speaker Series with Adjutant Major General Lyles – Free Tickets Offer for NIDIA March 29, 2023
Upcoming NIDIA Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.