Creating and managing a distribution relationship in another country can be intimidating.
- How do you find and evaluate a good partner?
- What should be included in the contract?
- What are some common pitfalls?
- How do you minimize your business and legal risks?
- Don’t go it alone and learn by trial and error. This webinar will cover international distribution relationship do’s and don’ts and explain practical strategies to help you succeed in developing global partnerships.
We will discuss topics like: whether to allow the distributor to control local product registrations, how to plan for transition after termination, what does ‘exclusivity’ mean, practical documentary and structuring tips, and determining when it makes sense to form your own in-country presence and go direct.
Matt Levy: Partner, Faegre Drinker
Matt is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Practice with a focus on cross-border transactions and international trade. He has experience in more than 40 countries helping both public and private companies expand and operate internationally. He advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, inbound and outbound foreign direct investment, corporate reorganizations, export controls and trade sanctions compliance (EAR, ITAR and OFAC programs), and US and foreign antitrust. He acts as a business advisor to his clients and delivers practical solutions to complex problems. Matt previously lived in China and speaks and reads Mandarin.